As well as the Warm-ups announced in Lewisham and Leeds this week, two more Warm-ups have been confirmed in Haringey and Cambridge. It’s all heating up…
Saturday 28th January, Meet 12 noon outside the Guildhall on Market Square
This is an event to fight:
- fuel poverty and rising energy bills in Cambridge and across the country http://fuelpovertyaction.wordpress.com/the-facts/
- the monopoly on energy held by mega-corporations that prohibits cheaper and more environmentally friendly energy options
- and their actions that actively destroy livelihoods and lives across the world
More info to follow, check the Facebook event.
Sunday 29th January
12 noon, Meet outside Boots, Wood Green High Road (next to Shopping City), N22
* No more deaths from hypothermia
* Reduce fuel bills now
* No to cut-offs
* Expose energy companies profit scandal
* Yes to renewable energy – Phase out fossil fuel dependency to prevent climate catastrophe
We will be calling on all shops, pubs and public buildings to welcome those who wish to get warm. Come and join us – don’t sit in the cold alone.
Part of nationwide weekend of action, see below for details. If you would like to help prepare and publicise this event attend the open planning meeting at 5pm Sunday 22nd January, at the Piazza Cafe next to Turnpike Lane Tube, opposite Ducketts Common. All welcome.
Organised by Haringey Solidarity Group, supported by Haringey Alliance for Public Services, and Haringey Housing Action Group.